Here are some links to useful resources for coaches.
Please note that some of these are multi page .pdf files. You will need Adobe Reader to read them
PTUSA Curriculum Database
A week by week training program for U6 – U14 age groups. You will
need to input a user name: ptusa2011 and password: football101
The assessment gives you valuable information to be a better coach by
measuring and promoting the technical development of your players.
Handouts from the Coaching Clinics.
- Coaches Clinic Outline
- Coaches Club Defending
- Coaches Club Warmup
- Short Passing
- Ball Control
- Shooting Clear of the Defense
- Shooting in and around 18 Yards
- Shooting Techniques
Here are some book suggestions with a link to the item on Amazon:
- Koger, R. 2005. 101 Great Youth Soccer Drills
- Fleck, T., and R. Quinn, 2002. The Baffled Parent’s Guide to Great Soccer Drills
- Clark, B. 2000. The Baffled Parent’s Guide to Coaching Youth Soccer
You can also find other great resources through your library